Frequently Asked Questions

Association and Assessments

Q. Did I choose to become a member of the Association?

A. No. Membership is not optional; you accepted it when you accepted the deed to your property in Lexington Woods North. Membership passes to the next owner when the property is sold.

Q. What are Deed Restrictions?

A. All properties in Lexington Woods North are subject rules which place restrictions on the deed to your property. The rules, "deed restrictions", were designed by the Developer of the community to preserve property values and to protect and maintain the quality of the neighborhood. A summary of the restrictions, as well as copies of the complete documents, are available for review or download on this website.

Q. What are the assessments used for?

A. Since Lexington Woods North is in an unincorporated area, there would be no municipal services nor amenities without collection of an annual assessment from each owner. A copy of the Association’s current operating budget is available for review on this website.

Q. Can assessments be paid over time?

A. Yes. Provided your account is not severely delinquent (more than a year), you may request approval for a pay plan by using the form designed for that purpose, downloadable from this website. While Association approval of, and conformance with, such a plan will protect you from collection measures, please remember that interest will continue to accrue on the unpaid balance.

Property Rights

Q. Who is responsible for repairing the fence between my house and my neighbor’s house?

A. Once a fence is installed on or near the property line, it becomes more-or-less jointly owned. As time passes, it doesn’t matter which side the pickets are on, nor who actually paid for the fence; rather it becomes the joint responsibility of the adjacent owners.

Q. There is an easement on my property. Is it my responsibility?

A. Yes. An easement is an area typically dedicated to current or future use by utilities. While they guarantee ingress and egress by the utility company, they are still part of your property, and they must be maintained by the owner of the property without restricting availability to the utility company.

Community Services

Q. What can we do to control loose animals, barking dogs, etc.?

A. You can report loose animals, nuisance animals, and/or maltreated animals to Harris County Animal Control 281-999-3191. Provided you are certain of the address of the pet, persistently loose animals or constantly barking dogs may be reported to the Association’s office, and the matter will be pursued through deed restriction enforcement measures.